Half-Blood Vengeance: Reign of Rome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wishing For....nothing?

2 posters

Go down

Wishing For....nothing?  Empty Wishing For....nothing?

Post by Ariel Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:01 pm

Ariel pushed the snapback deeper, covering her eyes carefully and heading towards Flora's temple wordlessly. For a Roman god, her mother's temple was quite big, and decorated carefully. But alas, is was often deserted. Her half-siblings always seemed to be having a blast. They rarely came to the temple.
Upon reaching the hills, she found a flower. Gently, she picked it and look at the fragile thing. It was a pretty, innocent daisy. Maybe, if she was younger, she would have gathered flowers like these to braid into the other's hair. But seriously, did you want to look like a lunatic? A sudden wave of pain came over her, and Ariel trotted a little faster to the temple. Spotless and clean. Someone must have cleaned it out yesterday. Well, that gave her less to do. Ariel placed an apple tart in place with the other offerings, and plopped down in the corner, hoping the waves of misery would soon go away.
Flora wouldn't approve of her depressed daughter sitting in her temple and crying.
Ariel
Ariel

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Ariel Starr
Character Rank: Legionnaire
Cohort: Second Cohort

Back to top Go down

Wishing For....nothing?  Empty Re: Wishing For....nothing?

Post by Essy Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Kyain yawned as she took a morning walk. Her hair was in a side-tail, giving her an innocent look. She was making her way to her mother's temple when the voices in her head began to whisper to her again. Pain, lots of pain, they murmured, guiding her to the Temple of Flora. Puzzled but curious, Kyain peeked her head into the temple, hearing muffled crying. Ariel Starr, she recognized. She backed off, trying to give her some room, but she felt that it was too late.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Kyain Ava
Cohort: Fifth Cohort

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:44 pm

The tears hadn't gotten any less quiet. Ariel cursed slightly and pulled the snapback lover. Hopefully no one would see her. She probably shouldn't act so depressed. Once she got out of the legion, she's probably be sent to a rehab facility or something. Ariel shuddered..But then an unfamiliar chill rushed over her. Someone, someone was walking towards the temple. Ariel opened her eyes slightly. By the look of her sneakers, it was probably a girl her age. Much brighter, probably. Ariel wiped her eyes and glowered at the girl. By tomorrow, the news would be rampant, telling them that Ariel Starr was crying in the temple. Great. Wonderful. Nice. Ariel cringed inwardly as sh drew out her knife.
"Listen. You speak of this outside this building, and I swear you will not see the morning sun again for the rest of your life." she hissed quietly.
Ariel
Ariel

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:52 pm

If she hadn't gone to the Iraq War, Kyain would have felt nausea from the pain radiating from Ariel. Fortunately or unfortuantely, she had. Her grey/blue eyes looked at Ariel calmly. "Sure. Why not." she said indifferently, trying to keep the voices at bay. "And meanwhile.." She took a step away from Ariel. "That's better," she said, rubbing her forehead. Even if she'd felt worse pain, being too close wasn't comfortable for her head.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 pm

"I know you," Ariel whispered. Yep, she knew her. She was much more mature than most girls her age. But who knew?
"Fifth cohort. And can sense pain...." she scowled for a moment before the girl's name popped up
"Kyain, isn't it?" she said, a touch of suspicion in her eyes. Still, even harder to assure she wouldn't spill the beans. People did that. quite often.
Ariel
Ariel

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:16 pm

Kyain grinned. "I'm that famous?" Still smiling, she rubbed her head again. "Yeah. I can sense pain." And you're giving me a headache, she thought. Not her fault, but still. "Don't worry," she said in a softer tone, "I won't tell anyone." A flicker of a smile came back to her lips. "My mom's Angerona, goddess of secrets, remember?"
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:38 pm

"Not all children are completely like their parents,"Ariel murmured quietly. Her eyes flickered with anger, but then she wilted like a flower. Okay. After she met this girl, she'd probably have to start packing. She hoped the rehab place was nice.
"What makes you believe I could trust you with those words?" she whispered, twirling the knife once and tucking it away again.
Ariel
Ariel

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:43 pm

"Nothing much." Kyain shrugged, not giving the knife a mere glance. "I completely feel you." She cocked her head to the side. "Quite literally," she added. She looked at the girl's eyes, into the anger inside. But she also felt the tiny worm of fear. "I've kept secrets before, and I would probably be dead if I haven't. But the choice is up to you, trust me or not."
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:55 am

"Not all children are like their parents," Ariel replied indifferently, tucking in the knife again. For a daughter of the godess of flowers, Ariel was quite dark. She dropped the daisy onto the floor and stared at it.
"I've heard so many others promise that they'd never leave me...." she said, flipping her hair to see a bit better.
"And seen so many that left without a word,"
Ariel
Ariel

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:50 pm

Kyain didn't deny it- not all children were like their parents. Well, there was one example standing in front of her. She had half a mind to turn around and walk away from Ariel, but the voices kept nagging her. Not her fault that she's miserable, they argued with her, She was betrayed. A lot. And that was supposed to make this less awkward for me, Kyain mentally grumbled.

Sighing, she looked at Ariel. Time to impart wisdom. "Don't give up on people like that," she said in an indifferent tone. She wasn't patronizing, or arrogant. It was a straight, laid-out fact.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ariel Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:50 pm

"I haven't given up on them," Ariel replied indifferently. She was tired of dealing with all this. Probably better to end this conversation early and maybe go down for another pastry. A trip to the baths might be good as well.

"They gave up on me," and with that, she abruptly brushed past the girl, heading outside. Who cared if she got another enemy? Not Flora. Not her dad. Maybe Lolita would like it. So wuld Blossom. SHe wrinkled her nose a little at the thought.
Ariel
Ariel

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Essy Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:47 pm

"Well.." Kyain stared at Ariel. "I wouldn't give up on you." She managed to say that very convincingly, and not even lame. Nice talent right there. "But," she added, "It's okay if you don't want me. I'm Fifth Cohort dirt anyway," she half-grinned.
Essy
Essy

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum