Half-Blood Vengeance: Reign of Rome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The emptiness of silence

3 posters

Go down

The emptiness of silence  Empty The emptiness of silence

Post by Alex Granit Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lester stood at the front of a large wooden house, he admired the way it was built.The way the windows were perfectly aligned with each other, the height of the building itself was enough to amaze Lester, it was unlike anything he had ever seen. And,by the mark on his map, this was his final destination. Lester became overjoyed at the fact that he had finally made it. After all that traveling, as fun as it was, he could finally lay  down on the grass and breath in the early morning air. And he did just that, he wasn't sure whether or not to go in or if he had to wait for someone so in his mind this was just the best option. Eventually the chirping of birds and buzzing of bees and rustling of bugs in the grass lulled him to sleep. He dreamed of walking into the house that sat before his resting body, but, as soon as he entered the house a group of wolves met him there.For a few minutes all the did was growl and howl a little bit as Lester backed away from them making his way for the door, but then they all leaped towards him and ripped started biting Lester who had fallen to the ground screaming in agony as the wolves tore him piece by piece.

Lester jolted awake, it was around noon time with the sun high in the sky. No one had come to him yet, nothing had happened since he had  fallen asleep.  He shivered in fear, remembering his horrific nightmare. He felt like he had to enter the house, and while he was seriously compelled to enter and check out the interior he wasn't interested in being ripped to pieces by a wolf pack. Then, realizing something he bonked himself on the head  "Lester! You're so stupid! It was just a dream, there's no way a group of wolves could be living in a house! he said, trying to convince himself that he would be perfectly fine. But, he took his cool sword out just incase .He had only gotten to use it once on his journey against a harpy that could barely even fly, so he wanted to get the chance to use it more than that one time.So, cautiously, he walked towards the house, fear bubbled up inside of him as he turned the door knob and opened up the door. Then, he stepped inside.

OOC: Cliffhanger ! lol
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Lester Finnigan
Character Rank: N/A
Cohort: Unaffiliated

Back to top Go down

The emptiness of silence  Empty Re: The emptiness of silence

Post by Axel The Bunny Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Lupa watched as the young boy finally mustered the courage to enter the Wolf House. The wolves quickly surrounded him, baring their teeth and growling. If the boy turned and ran, or showed weakness he would fail this test, and so be eaten by the pack. The child had to show he had the courage of a true child of Rome, and by taking the first step and walking into the house despite the dream she had sent into his mind, he had already shown promise.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Terra Bennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Lester's heart started rapidly pounding as he witnessed what awaited him inside. Wolves, his dream had been correct. How was this possible, it was just a dream! He held his sword up, ready to defend himself. He must be brave, he was either going to go out swinging or live in valor, either way was suitable for him. "I'm not backing down this time," Lester said to the wolves,who clearly couldn't comprehend the human language. Then he realized something, weird creatures attacked his house, and then his dad sent him on a suicide mission. His fear suddenly turned into anger, and a burning desire to rip every single one of these wolves apart with his sword."Let's go you *******," he yelled, getting into a comfortable stance and waiting for the first strike.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:27 am

One or two of her pack hesitated in their advancement on the boy, but Lupa growled to signify they should keep going. She herself sat unmoving, watching the boy carefully with her piercing eyes. He was not backing down at this point, but she waited to see if it would last. If it was all a show, she would find out soon enough when the first blow was struck. It was not only that, however; there was a difference between courage and honor, and brutal savagery. Rome was not meant for blood-thirsty, power-hungry mongrels--they had a set of rules and regulations, a code of honor, all meant to grow Rome as a whole. Some such lusts for battle could be curbed and used for good, but others... others had to be destroyed.

Narrowing her cold eyes at the boy, she lowered her head slightly and bared her fangs. "You shall fight, or you shall die, boy." And with that, the first wolf leapt.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Daquiri Laurens

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:33 am

Lester was basically trapped, the wolf was lunging towards him at the front. So if he where to dodge to the right or left, he would just be ripped to pieces by the wolves, and he refused to run out of that door, he hadn't come all this way to take the coward's way out of it. For some strange reason, he felt like his entire life had led up to this moment. If he were to survive this battle, he would live a happy life. Free of everything except that nagging feeling he had just left his father for dead for no reason at all besides his own selfish acts. If he died, he would at least be happy that he got to go around and see the country and relax a little bit. So, with no regrets besides that of the wolf that was about to be killed. Lester shut his eyes tightly, and brought down the blade on the attacking wolf.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:08 pm

*slightly nudges*
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:54 am

One of Lupa's ears flicked at the sound of one of her wolves yelping in pain. Rising to all four paws, she raised her broad head and barked one word: "Enough!"

The boy had not backed down. Despite the possible exit to his back--one of which he never would have succeeded in escaping from her wolves had he decided to run--he had stood his ground. She could discern just from his body movements and gestures that he had not longed for the blood of her pack, but only to defend himself. Albeit, shutting his eyes while striking would have to be trained out of him.

Nodding to one of her senior wolves to attend to the injured one, she then turned her attention to the boy once more. "You have shown your worth to Rome, young one. Now tell me: who are you?" The age-old question she had thrust upon many a child of Rome. If they were smart, they knew to answer with more than a simple name.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:23 pm

Lester took a moment to realize that a wolf was actually talking to him yet not murdering him at the same time. Then he took a moment to think about the wolf's question. It couldn't possibly be asking him what his name was, a wolf wouldn't be interested in such matters, although it was a talking wolf so you never know. But he decided to answer something a little bit more simple. "I'm not sure yet" Lester replied truthfully.
After all this traveling and adventuring, he still hadn't been able to find what he truly was, and as soon as the wolf brought it up the question the thought that he would never find out what he was or get anywhere in life occurred to him, setting his mind into a deep thought about things of that subject. He then awaited for the wolf's, who seemed to be the leader of the pack, response.
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:02 pm

(Bumps a little bit more)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:07 am

((Sorry. I've been rather lax with posting lately. Inspiration and motivation loss. >.< But hopefully I'll be better about it now!))

Lupa sat and studied the boy as he appeared to consider her question. Her head dipped slightly in a nod at his response. "An honest answer. Truthfulness is a desirable quality to the Legion." She rose to her paws and stalked forward until she was only a few feet away from the boy. "However, there is much yet to be taught, Lester Finnigan. The Legion will be your pack. You must learn to fight with them as one, as well as be able to hold your own. You will remain with me for three more moons. I will teach you the ways of the wolf." She could sense a good heart in the little one. When the time came, he would make a potentially valuable asset to the Twelfth Fulminata.

((You can probably just make an ending post here. Cuz like heck am I RPing any training. >.< That's not in my contract.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Wed May 07, 2014 10:49 pm

(Same here! >.> darn school and sports always getting in the way of my quality video gaming time, what a bother. Also, does that valuable thing foreshadow a quest for him???? xP)

Lester sighed in relief that he had answered the question correctly, after all, if this wolf was a god or something you'd think it would know a person's name if she's been watching him or something. He then nodded in response to the wolf's speech on learning the ways of the wolf and all that nonsense.

He had survived the first little trial things of the wolf house, but there would be more to come apparently. 3 moons worth of them, actually. But Lester felt ready to sacrifice himself to whatever it is this wolf pack legion was. So long as he could stay focused during battles or training, he should do pretty okay. He was a a quick learner, after all, and at this point in his life he was determined as ever. He wouldn't let his father down by dyeing to one of these monsters, he would go down in blazes of glory fighting for his friend. He was ready.
(there, the perfect cliché cliffhanger to end the thread ! XP )
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Thu May 08, 2014 12:44 am

((Er...maybe? I was just making stuff up. xP I think Jake, Ri and Terra are going on the first quest, lawl.))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Granit Thu May 08, 2014 9:33 pm

( Lawl of course they are, I was kidding too xP a quest would be nice though X{ ha. Just kidding)
Alex Granit
Alex Granit

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Fri May 09, 2014 12:52 am

((We'll see. xP))
Cerulaen
Cerulaen