Half-Blood Vengeance: Reign of Rome
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Campbell Horace Carver

3 posters

Go down

Campbell Horace Carver Empty Campbell Horace Carver

Post by Campbell Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Name: Campbell Horace Carver

Divine Ancestry: Son of Orcus god of the Underworld and punisher of broken oaths, and legacy of Virtus (Great grandfather), god of bravery and military strength.

Mortal Family: Mother: Valentine Carver Stone (mother, deceased.) Jonathan Stone (stepfather, deceased.) Joanna Carver (19 year-old cousin, legal guardian.) Jessabelle Stone (8 year-old stepsister, also under Joanna's guardianship.)

Years in Camp: 1.5

History Sorry it's a bit weird. I had to make some format changes and it's still a bit rough. : Once upon a time, Virtus took a fancy in a girl from a small town in Nevada. That girl was Campbell's great grandmother, Seline Carver. Anyhow nothing important happened to any of their ancesters. Virtus and Seline had a boy named Horace. Horace went to New Rome briefly, where he swore to uphold New Rome, but he was a peaceful guy and didn't like all the war going on. So he left, married Melissa Daniels, settled in at his mother's ancestral home, in the middle of nowhere (so that the monsters had no reason to look there for demigods,) and had a daughter named Valentine and a son named William. Seline had passed on several years prior. Valentine grew up and went to college, never knowing her true ancestry. William knew and had run away because of it. He may have gone to New York or something. Anyhow, one day, while Valentine was away, the monsters finally found Horace. Valentine returned to a crater in the ground instead of her parents home (cause it got blown up, in case you missed that.) At Horace and Melissa's funeral Orcus came to reprimand Horace, for breaking his oath to uphold New Rome, and he noticed Valentine, at took her in his arms. It was kind of weird. Skipping all the ooey-gooey details of their relationship, but suffice to say, Campbell popped out a little over a year and a half later.

Orcus left for the underworld to punish some more souls and four years later, Valentine married Jonathan. Jonathan Stone. Campbell's step-dad. He's awful to Campbell, probably out of jealousy, that he was not Valentine's one and only love. They had Jessie about three years into their marriage. Child of the devil, she is, although she's alright herself (and so is Valentine.) Well, a few years passed, Campbell was nine by then, and they went to Uncle Billy's funeral, where he met cousin Joanna for the first time. Campbell really likes her. Campbell also met his dad there for the first time, but that's not as important. Although he did give Campbell this sweet knife and some cool black leather, fingerless gloves. Campbell still wears them. He thinks they stretch or something cause they still fit, but really, it's magic. Anyways, they all went home. And about four years later, Valentine and Jonathan died in a car crash. That was a few months before Campbell's arrival at New Rome. Jessie and Campbell went to stay with Joanna in Missouri. She's some kind of genius who struck gold with some book she wrote and she takes care of Jessie. Campbell, he ran first week. See, at his parents' funeral, when Orcus came for Valentine and Jonathan, he told Campbell where to go. Orcus told him why he was different. Why people didn't like him. He told Campbell that there were others like him. And so he came here. He had stumbled into the city, beaten and bloodied, not to mention starving. They took Campbell to Lupa, who tested him and found him worthy.

For a year and a half, Probatio Campbell Horace Carver was an excellent soldier. With the exception of the incident where he was lost outside of New Rome for a few days and nearly led a manticore inside, and his tendency to be a bit mouthy, Carver was quite exemplory. He helped keep his cohort under control with his relentless and dutiful actions, worked hard, and fought better. 

Physical Appearance: Campbell is only 5'7", but he is still growing. He is lean, with strong muscles and a lanky, swinging walk. He has longish black hair, a bit shaggy. His eyes are very striking. They are a very pale blue. They are said to be cold as death, at least when he is angry. Campbell has a pale complexion. Overall, he looks like a son of the underworld.

Personality: Campbell is very lazy when off duty. He would be happy to lie on a couch forever. However, if he feels like something is his duty to do, he does it, and does it to the best of his abilities. He likes his comforts. He sometimes disobeys authority figures unless he agrees with what they're saying. He trusts his own judgement more than others' and is very vocal when trying to convince someone of anything. He usually keeps a cool head rarely gets angry. But when he does get angry, usually a result of someone committing grievous offences against his friends, he reacts with a cold, thoughtful anger, in a manner how he sees fit. It has been known to get him in trouble, when he deals out harsh retribution.

Fatal Flaw: Campbell is overconfident and trusts himself above others. Sometimes he'll simply disregard what others say, if he does not see evidence to their claims. This could lead to him walking into a trap or battle, unprepared. He also tends to observe for a bit, and think he knows all that he needs to know and rush in.

Talents: Shadow-traveling, but he hasn't learned that yet.

Gear: Knife given by Orcus (No powers. Just cool.) Grandfather Horace's gladius, Animus,(Which means Bravery in Latin. From Virtus). When held over the head, it inspires bravery in those who see it and fight on the same side. The black gloves that Orcus gave Campbell vibrate when someone is being dishonest. They only work if the person is touching them. They are really only useful when interrogating captured foes, and Campbell has sworn to only use them in such situations.

Last edited by Campbell on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:20 pm; edited 10 times in total
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Campbell Carver
Character Rank: Legionnaire
Cohort: Fifth Cohort

Back to top Go down

Campbell Horace Carver Empty Re: Campbell Horace Carver

Post by Campbell Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:05 am

Done.
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 pm

Changed the format, my dear Cerunicorn Queen.
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Im not familiar with Orcus, but it sounds like another form of Pluto, also you cant be both a legacy and a full demigod, as it would be unfair for other RPers.

Id say if you've been in New Rome a year then you would be a legionnaire by now,

The glove thing seems a little OP. I'm not sure about the knife

As long as Ceru and Jake are ok with you having the knife and having Orcus as a parent then I'm cool with it.

fix those things and it's good.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Terra Bennet
Character Rank: N/A
Cohort: Unaffiliated

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:30 pm

Legionnaire is fine, since your character has been in the Legion for more than a year.

I was fine with the history format up until you started using 'I' and present tense. Just keep it in 3rd and past all the way through and you should be fine. You have 50 bajillion names so I'll assume you understand how they all connect and leave it at that.

However, I do have a few things that confuse me enough to note:
1) Why exactly does your character dislike his stepfather? I saw nothing to spurn those feelings.
2) Why was Orcus at both the funerals? He's not the god of death. He would only be there if an oath had been broke--although I suppose he had more of a reason for the latter funeral, because he was claiming his son in a sense.

The Fatal Flaw seems to me that you're saying overconfidence and doesn't trust others. You should pick one of those and just expand solely upon that, and how it connects to his personality--as well as his background, since that tends to have quite a bit of affect on the personality.

Is the 'black knife' Stygian iron? Because I don't think we allow that... As for the gloves, perhaps they could each turn into a shield, so he can switch which arm his shield is on when he needs it? Although, I suppose one would only be used if he lost his weapons...
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Daquiri Laurens

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:32 pm

Oh, Ax, I was the one who told him it would probably be okay if he was a legacy as well as a demigod. And derp, sorreh Zach, you can ignore my comments about the format...didn't realize you'd already changed it. xP
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:52 pm

So should I take out the legacy or not? I thought it might be alright, because both gods I picked were very minor. I would have picked a more powerful god if I can only have one. Also I think that while the gloves might be OP, they wouldn't be very good in a battle, cause he has to get close enough to touch an opponent. Which could be dangerous if they had a weapon of any sort. Although I'll probably switch to a variation of Ceru's idea. Orcus is a god of the underworld, punisher of broken vows. While Pluto is the god of the underworld. A bit of a difference. Razz I also should probably add the testing of Lupa. You guys missed that! Razz
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:55 pm

There. Clarified the fatal flaw and changed the gloves. If I still need to change the legacy, let me know.
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:10 pm

Okay, some executive decisions we made last night that I meant to post earlier: the legacy is fine since we know you wouldn't be one to god-mod with it. It will depend from person to person, though. However, we also decided you should only have one magic weapon. Jake and I personally think the gladius one was the coolest, but it's up to you. I'll look over the actual edits you made after my class...
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Sweet! Alright, changing the knife. Even though I thought the gloves were pretty cool, I'll change them. Would it be alright if they had magical aspects not related to combat?
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:53 pm

That depends on what it is. If you can come up with something that doesn't seem completely unfair to everyone else, we'll consider it.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:56 am

How does that look?
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:51 am

Hmm... well, for the gloves, I guess if you only use them for interrogations they'll be fine... although I don't know of you'll ever use them if that's the case.

Besides that, you still don't explain why Jonathan randomly doesn't like Campbell. Seriously, why do single parents always marry significant others that are horrible to their children? It's not as important now that Campbell didn't proclaim his hatred for him, but still.

And um...oh yeah. I still don't get why Orcus would be at the funerals.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:52 am

Just to see his son. Or maybe because Uncle Billy broke an oath. I'll put a clarification about Jonathan in.
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:53 am

Yeah, okay, that one's fine--but what about when he meets Valentine? I saw no reason for him to be at that particular funeral.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:54 am

*Sigh* Okay, fixing that too.
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:59 am

Sorry, we're picky here. xP
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:00 am

No that's good! I agree with you. I was sighing cause I missed another thing.... Anyhow, check it now.
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerulaen Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:05 am

Lawl, alright looks good. Approved. You will be assigned to the Fifth Cohort.
Cerulaen
Cerulaen

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Campbell Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:32 pm

YES!
Campbell
Campbell

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Axel The Bunny Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:46 pm

We're picky? I think you mean you are xP

but yea it looks good to me now, approved.
Axel The Bunny
Axel The Bunny

Character Sheet
Primary Character: Terra Bennet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: